ASHLAND, Ky. — Celebrate as one family as Braidy Industries presents a very special First Friday and shares the groundbreaking excitement with the community!
WHEN: Friday, June 1
WHERE: Downtown Ashland
TIME: 5 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Downtown concert featuring Naomi Judd and Tanya Tucker, as well as emerging country artist Olivia Ooms. Also performing are local bands Creek Don't Rise, Josh Brown & The Hard Livin’ Legends, and the Bronson Arroyo Band.
Entertainment will be located in the intersection of 18th St. and Winchester Ave. The downtown concert if free to the public. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own seating (camping chairs, blankets, etc.). Music is sponsored by Braidy Industries and Town Square Bank.
The downtown event will feature two beer gardens:
- Fat Patty's will host a beer garden on 15th St. adjacent to the restaurant. A live streaming of the night's entertainment will be provided courtesy of My Town TV HD.
- A second beer garden hosted by Smokin’ J’s Rib & Brewhouse will be located on a private lot next to the Henry Clay building. Country Boy Brewing will be on-site to talk craft beer and pass out Country Boy swag!
- Matney's Wood Fired Pizza, Southside Sliders and Suplex Tacos will also be on-site serving up some fresh and tasty food truck foods!
Children's activities include:
- Dino Water Sprinkler (bring appropriate attire and towels!)
- Star Wars themed activities and Lightsaber demonstrations hosted by The Imperial Legion
- Face Painting
- Tech Toys Ozobot and Sphero
- Inflatables (Children’s inflatables are sponsored by BC Tool & Party Rental and are $5 per child.)
Children’s activities are located on 16th St. and Judd Plaza. Children's activities take place from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Children’s activities are sponsored by Marathon Ashland Petroleum. Children’s activities are also sponsored and coordinated by Boyd County Public Library and First Presbyterian Church.
First Baptist Church located on the corner of 17th St. and Winchester will also be hosting the following free children's activities:
- Face painting
- Rock Painting
- Sand Art
- Temporary Tattoos
- Chalk & Bubbles
- Popsicles & Popcorn
- Cornhole and Sidewalk Games
- VBS registrations.
Classic Car Show participants may begin parking at 3 p.m. Classic Car Show registration is a $5 donation, which benefits hosting non-profit organizations, Coalition for the Cure of Parkinson’s Disease and Ashland in Motion. Donation registers vehicles and enters participants into a nightly door prize drawing.
The Friday night event also features extended downtown shopping and dining hours. Pickup up a First Friday Passport sponsored by Members Choice Credit Union at 1509 Winchester Ave. and enter to win $100 when you support local, downtown businesses!